WE all had this experience wherein we perceived a smell, and suddenly remembered an event that we’d forgotten for years. We also have a certain perfume/cologne smell that reminds us of a person we know. It is truly evident that the smell of something triggers emotional memories.
How does it happen?
– Incoming smells are first processed by the olfactory bulb, which starts inside the nose and runs along the bottom of the brain. The olfactory bulb has direct connections to two brain areas that are strongly implicated in emotion and memory: the amygdala and hippocampus. Interestingly, visual, auditory (sound), and tactile (touch) information do not pass through these brain areas. This may be why olfaction, more than any other sense, is so successful at triggering emotions and memories. (c)
Ishe-share ko sa inyo yung ilan sa mga ‘amoy’ na memorable sa akin:
1. Hugo Boss– all-time uncle’s perfume.
2. Bench Colognia Bubblegum – Grade 6 memories
3. Penshoppe Pocket Scent Bella – naaalala ko yung crush ko nung fourth year HS
4. Young’s Morning Breeze – naaalala ko naman dito yung crush ko nung first year college
5. Penshoppe Aqua Bene – JD’s perfume.
6. *Unknown perfume*– Mr. Virata’s. I don’t know what’s the brand. I just know the smell.
7. Sof Fabric Conditioner – I remember my present crush. His clothes smells so good 🙂 Recently my neighbor started to use this Fabcon and yeah, everytime they do the laundry, kinikilig ako, ahahaha
8. Aficionado Red Lacoste – pabango ni crush ko ngayon. Sometimes I smell his perfume everywhere, even though he’s not around. Sometimes my hands smells like that. 😍 Ito ang kinababaliwan kong amoy ngayon XD 😍
9. Salonpas – I remember my Grandma and how she wants me to massage her everyday.
10. Kamay ko na fresh from laba with zonrox – I remember my auntie, her hands smells like that too.
11. Savory Restaurant Chicken – remembering early childhood days. My parents were working there before (at Escolta – main branch) and everytime we go there, we eat chicken! ♡♡
Smell really matters. So if you want to impress a good memory to someone, choose a good fragrance, Lol.
Pero ako yung taong papalit-palit ng pabango. Lalo na pag nasasawi <\3 I believed that for you to move on, you must change the way how you smell XD lol.
bakit hindi ko ma-rotate yung picture?
di ko rin alam kung bakit nakatago pa rin dito yung mga garapon ng pabango na wala naman nang laman, hahahaha