SHARING some of the nicest quotes about relationships ♥ (credits to the owner/writers of these quotes)
1. Be the woman willing to build an empire with her man. Don’t be the girl searching for a man with an empire.
2. A relationship is like a house. When a light bulb burns out you do not go and buy a new house, you fix the light bulb.
3. There’s a difference between being liked by a man and valued by a man. A lot of guys like you. Not many value you. Be valued.
4. We are all a little weird and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.
5. Choose a partner who is good for you. Not good for your parents, your image, or bank account. Choose someone who is going to make your life emotionally fulfilling.
6. “Granny Sheeran told me when I’m looking for a partner to fall in love with their eyes ‘cause eyes are the only things that don’t age, so if you fall in love with their eyes you’ll be in love forever.” – Ed Sheeran.
7. You just can’t give up on someone because the situation’s not ideal. Great relationships aren’t great because they have no problems. They’re great because both people care enough about the other person to find a way to make it work.
8. Marriage is about becoming a team. You’re going to spend the rest of your life learning about each other, and every now and then, things blow up. But the beauty of marriage is that if you picked the right person and you both love each other, you’ll always figure out a way to get through it. – Nicholas Sparks.
9. I no longer believed in the idea of soulmates, or love at first sight. But I was beginning to believe that a very few times in your life, if you were lucky, you might meet someone who was exactly for you. Not because he’s perfect, or because you were, but because your combined flaws were arranged in a way that allowed two separate beings to hinge together.
10. And when you choose a life partner, you’re choosing a lot of things, including your parenting partner and someone who will deeply influence your children, your eating companion for about 20,000 meals, your travel companion for about 100 vacations, your primary leisure time and retirement friend, your career therapist, and someone whose day you’ll hear about 18,000 times.
11. Girls are like apple on trees. The best ones are at the top of the tree. The boys don’t want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of getting hurt. Instead, they just get the rotten apples from the ground that aren’t as good, but easy. So the apples at the top think something is wrong with them, when in reality, they’re amazing. They just have to wait for the right boy to come along, the one who’s brave enough to climb all the way to the top.
12. The truth is none of us are easy to date, deal with, or please all the time. We have our vices, attitudes and way of doing things that make us who we are. You won’t like everything about somebody, it’s impossible. This is life and it isn’t about finding the perfect person, it isn’t about living some fairy tale. It’s about finding something you’re willing to work for, with somebody who’s willing to work with you. That simple. Find someone who has a heart for you and never stop fighting for them.
13. Before you say yes, get him angry. See him scared, see him wanting, see him sick. Stress changes a person. Find out if he drinks and if he does, get him drunk – you’ll learn more about his sober thoughts. Discover his addictions. See if he puts you in front of them. You can’t change people, baby girl. If they are made one way, it doesn’t just wear off. If you hate how he acts when he’s out of it now, you’re going to hate it much more eight years down the road. You might love him to bits but it doesn’t change that some people just don’t fit.
14. The truth is that the more intimately you know someone, the more clearly you’ll see their flaws. That’s just the way it is. This is why marriages fail, why children are abandoned, why friendships don’t last. You might think you love someone until you see the way they act when they’re out of money or under pressure or hungry, for goodness’ sake. Love is something different. Love is choosing to serve someone and be with someone in spite of their filthy heart. Love is patient and kind, love is deliberate. Love is hard. Love is pain and sacrifice, it’s seeing the darkness in another person and defying the impulse to jump ship.
15. If you ever fall in love, fall in love with someone who wants to know your favorite color and just how you like your coffee. Fall in love with someone who loves the way you laugh and would do absolutely anything to hear it. Fall in love with someone who puts their head on your chest to feel your heartbeat. Fall in love with someone who kisses you in public and is proud to show you off to anyone they know. Fall in love with someone who makes you question why you were afraid to fall in love in the first place. Fall in love with someone who would never ever want to hurt you. Fall in love with someone who falls in love with your flaws and thinks you’re perfect just the way you are. Fall in love with someone who thinks that you’re the one they would love to wake up to each day.
16. Find people who can handle your darkest truths, who don’t change the subject when you share you pain, or try to make you feel bad for feeling bad. Find people who understand we all struggle, some of us more than others, and that there’s no weakness in admitting it. In fact, few things take as much strength. Find people who want to be real, however that looks and feels, and who want you to be real, too. Find people who get that life is hard, and who get that life is also beautiful, and who aren’t afraid to honor both those realities. Find people who help you feel more at home in your heart, mind and body, and who take joy. Find people who love you, for real, and who accept you, for real, just as you are. They’re out there, these people. Your tribe is waiting for you. Don’t stop searching until you find them. -Scott Stabile